Current World champion Norwegian Magnus Carlsen (26-year-old) beat American Fabiano Caruana 3-0 and regain his World Chess Championship title-2018 in London, England.Rapid chess was used as a tie-breaker, with Carlsen winning three consecutive games.Carlsen won USD 625,000 as the winner, and Caruana received USD 511,400 as the runner-up.The match was organised in a best-of-12-games format.
- Magnus Carlson won the World Chess Championship title for the fourth time.
- Carlsen won the title in the championship without losing a single game this year.
- For the last eight years, Carlson, the world's top players, has defended his World title for the third time.
- He won the world championship for the first time in 2013, when he defeated great Indian Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand.
- Caruana was trying to become the first American World Champion since 1972. In the year 1972, Bobby Fisher of America won the title by defeating Boris Spasci of the Soviet Union.