Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das said the government will provide free mobile phones to 28 lakh farmers and a separate electric feeder for them for agriculture purpose.
- The mobile phones will be given to the farmers to keep the middlemen away and also help farmers to have greater information about the market.
- The move will help the farmers know about the market rates and other information relating to agriculture.
- Besides this, the state will ensure that power supply will reach every household by December 2018 and by May 2019 separate feeders would be set up for agriculture, for households and industrial usage.
- Further, 24x7 power supply will be made available in the rural areas of the state by August 2019.
- CM Raghubar Das gave credit to the farmers for the state jumping to 14 per cent agriculture growth from minus 4.5 per cent registered four years ago.
- He said that in order to provide a further boost to the agriculture growth, the state has to modernise the farmers, ensuring production at an international yardstick.