Naval cooperation between India and the United Kingdom is based on the long term strategic relationship between both countries. Both Navies have, over the years, undertaken bilateral activities such as training exchanges and technical cooperation. The Bilateral KONKAN exercise provides a platform for the two Navies to periodically exercise at sea and in harbour, so as to build interoperability and share best practices.
- The Konkan maneuvers series began in the year The Konkan 2018 maneuvers will be held in Goa from November 28 to December 06, 2018, in which units of both navies will participate.
- The Royal Navy will be represented by HMS Dragons, the Type 45 Class Destructive Ship, which is equipped with the Wildcat helicopter.
- Indian Navy will launch INS Kolkata, this is the first Kolkata class destroyer vessel in which sewing and one IN submarine are engaged. At the same time, IN-Marine patrol aircraft Dornier will also participate in maneuvers.
- The main theme of this year's maneuvers is the gradual development of the art of running the ship with air-piercing war, anti-submarine jung, anti-submarine warfare, ocean operations and war skills (visitor board search and cesare).
- Apart from exercise in the sea, professional interplay and sports competitions have also been included in Konkan-