Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in the country to implement Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) as Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched ERSS number 112 for the state.He appealed residents of State of Himachal Pradesh to download ‘112 India’ mobile app available in App store of Google & Apple.
- Simultaneously, single number-based 112 emergency services were started which would connect the police, fire station, health and other helplines to an emergency response center in the state. This service will help the citizens get rid of the need to remember many helpline numbers.
- Under this project, an emergency response center (ERC) has been established in Shimla with the command center (DCC) of 12 districts, covering the entire state. The emergency response center has been linked to police (100), firefly (101), health (108) and women's helpline (1090) so that emergency services can be provided through single emergency number-
- This service includes '112 India' mobile app which has been linked to the Smart Phone's Panic Butt and the facility of citizens to get immediate help from the ERSS state website. To increase the effectiveness of the emergency response, the ERC has been linked to location-based services by telecommunication services providers.
- In order to ensure the safety of women, a SHUUT feature has been introduced in '112 India' so that immediate assistance from the emergency response center is available and immediate help from registered volunteers nearby. The SHOT feature is specially available for women.
- In order to help the people across the country to access integrated emergency services, '112 India' mobile app will be launched in all states and union territories. Central Government has allocated Rs. 69 crore under the Nirbhay Fund for the implementation of the ERSS project across the country.