Ministry of Civil Aviation has started the registration process for drone operators in the country. An official release said, it will be done through a portal called Digital Sky platform.
Five categories of drones:
- After the launch of the digital Sky portal it is possible to fly the drone of the Nano category.
- It may take some time to take the unmanned aerial operator permit (UAOP) and the unique identification number (UIN) from DGCA and other formalities to blow the drones of micro, small, medium and large categories.
- Under the rules, those who use drones have to register their drones once.
- They will also have to enter the dron's pilot and owner's details.
- Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu tweeted, "We are delighted to introduce the online registration portal 'Digital Sky' to allow us to blow the drone. This platform is now operational. '