Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), on 30th NOV launched a mass media campaign “Heart Attack Rewind” with the aim to get rid of “bad cholesterol” from the food supply by 2022, a year ahead of the global target by the World Health Organization to eliminate industrially- produced trans-fat from the global food supply by 2023.
Heart Attack Rewind 'campaign
- This campaign warns citizens about the health hazards caused by trans fat intake and presents ways to avoid them through healthy alternatives.
- Heart Attack Rewind 'will be aired on major digital platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Hotstar and Voot for a period of four weeks in 17 languages.
- According to FSSAI, the Heart Attack Rewand campaign will endorse the global goal of eliminating trans fat in India by 2022, which is one year before the scheduled year for the complete eradication of trans fat by the World Health Organization.
- This campaign will be broadcast on radio channels and will also be displayed on the outdoor billboards of Delhi / NCR.
- The objective of FSSAI is to bring trans fat levels from five percent to two percent in India's food supply.