Of late, the game of cricket has experienced quite a few disturbances regarding the age fraud of certain players. A few cricketers are plying their trade in the junior tournaments despite belonging to the other age groups. Finally, BCCI noticed the issue and came out with the suspension of two years for any individual committing the crime.In a press release, the respective board declared that any cricketer found guilty of managing his date of birth will be suspended from participating in BCCI tournament for straight two years.
- The BCCI says that any cricketer who is found guilty of molesting his date of birth from the 2018-19 season will be disqualified.
- Earlier, the cricketer was banned for one year. In September, the BCCI had barred Delhi player Jaskirat Singh Sachdeva, who is going to play Meghalaya, for giving fake birth certificates to play in the Under-19
- Fraudulent players will be banned from playing any tournament in the BCCI for two years, which will be 2018-19 and 2019-2020
- It is a government body that the Indian government gives protection.
- The BCCI headquarters are in Mumbai.
- The main task of the BCCI is to control and organize the Games tournaments in India and to represent India's players in international cricket, which they play from India, on behalf of India.
- The Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) is the national governing body for cricket in India. The Board was formed in December 1928 as registered under the Tamil Nadu Society Registration Act.