The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) Chaired by PM Narendra Modi has appointed Ajay Narayan Jha (1982-batch IAS officer of Manipur Tripura cadre) as the new Finance Secretary of India.Mr Jha (59-years) will succeed current Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia.Jha has BA (Honours) and MA in history from St. Stephen's College at University of Delhi, a postgraduate degree in executive development from John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.Jha is a recipient of World Bank scholarship to pursue Masters in Economic Policy Management from McGill University in Canada.The Finance Secretary plays a leadership role in the bureaucracy of the Finance Ministry, G
- 59-year-old Ajay Narayan Jha of Manipur-Tripura cadre is a 1982 batch IAS officer.
- Junk, who graduated and graduated from St Stephen's College, received a prize for a Master's degree in Economic Policy and Management from MacGill University Canada from World Bank.
- He got an MPhil degree in Public Administration from Delhi University.
- AJ Jha has held various important positions in the Government of India, in which the Principal Secretary in the Department of Environment and Forests, Manipur Renewable Energy Development Agency, Chairman of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific Have been.
Finance Secretary of India
- Each department has a secretary and every secretary reports to the finance minister.
- The Finance Secretary is the senior most IAS officer of the Ministry of Finance, India, who coordinates the work of different departments of the Ministry.
- The Ministry of Finance is composed of five departments, Department of Economic Affairs, Department of Revenue, Department of Expenditure, Financial Services Department and Investment and Public Property Management.
- All these secretaries have a finance secretary who is senior to this. So far most of India's finance secretaries have been IAS officers
- Some economists have also reached this position. In the Indian currency, the notes of one rupee are signed by the Finance Secretary. government of India.