India's first locomotive-less train, known as Train 18, has breached the 180 kilometres per hour speed limit during a test run at Kota-Sawai Madhopur section in Rajasthan. When this indigenously designed train is made operational, it will become the country's fastest train.
Features of Train-18
- The Integral Coach Factory of Chennai has prepared it and due to its construction in 2018 it has been given train-
- The whole body of this train is made of special aluminum i.e., it will be light in the weight of the train.
- It is easy to stop by braking immediately and speed can be given immediately.
- There will be two executive compartments in the middle of this train. Each will have 52 There will be 78 seats in the general coach.
- The speed of century is 130 kilometers per hour while it can run up to 220 kilometers per hour.
- In addition to the GPS-based passenger information system in Train-18, there will be separate light, automatic doors and CCTV cameras.