Ace Indian shooter Abhinav Bindra (36) and still India’s only individual Olympic gold medallist was awarded coveted International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Blue Cross. With this Bindra is the first Indian to be awarded the Blue Cross. The award is conferred for outstanding contribution to sport of shooting and honours distinguished members of the international shooting fraternity. Blue Cross is highest recognition conferred by parent body of international shooting ISSF.
- Abhinav Bindra was born on September 28, 1982 in Dehradun in Uttarakhand.
- Abhinav Bindra created history by winning the Gold Medal of 10 meter air rifle event at the 2008 Beijing Games. Abhinav Bindra is the only Indian player to win gold medals in individual events in the Olympics.
- He is a member of the ISSF Athlete Committee from the year 2010 to the year 2014 and the Chairman from 2014 to the year
- During his tenure, he was awarded 'Presents Button' and 'Diploma of Honor' in January
- He has been awarded Arjuna Award in 2000 and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in the year
- Abhinav Bindra won gold medal in the 2006 ISSF World Shooting Championships. He also won gold at the Commonwealth Games held in Glasgow in Abhinav Bindra won gold medal in the year 2002, the year 2006 and the year 2010 Commonwealth Games.
- He was honored with the Padma Bhushan in the year
- After losing his second Olympic medal in the 2016 Rio Olympics, Abhinav Bindra decided to retire at the age of